Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A sparkly!

Check me out! I haven't even started my class, but here I am with images. While Mom was here for a visit, we had a collage nite--wine was drank, things were torn, pasted, painted. A good time was had by all. Below is what I came up with:


It measures 5.5" x 7"...ish. It was a good exercise, it was fun, and while there are things about it that could probably be re-worked, I'm just going to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. Which brings us to the next image:


Which measures 6"x4" ish. I did this last night while waiting for No Reservations to start. In the bottom is a picture I took in Athens (circa 1995), minus my hand. I have finally found a use for all of those otherwise unusable vacation photos. I'm fairly pleased with it as far as composition goes, and once again, I could sit down and re-work pieces, but I feel that as an exercise in speed and spontaneity it all turned out fairly well.

No comments: