Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Glitter Candlesticks

Welcome, welcome!
It's another Artful Wednesday, and I am slowly ticking my way through the list of gifties I am crafting. This would be a perfect hostess gift with a box of candles, all tied up with a pretty bow.
Glittered candlesticks! Easy peasy and oh-so-pretty!

Supplies: 
Two wooden candlesticks (Bayer Wood again. I love those guys!)
White acrylic paint
ModPodge (hard coat, please)
Wide Flat paintbrush
Glitter (I used extra-fine glitter in Emerald)
Bowl (to catch your glitter)


Step one: Paint your candlesticks white. I did two coats of paint. Let that dry. (The white paint was completely inspired by some pillar candle holders I saw at Target)




Step two: One at a time, paint the bottom half of your candlesticks with ModPodge. DO NOT let dry.



Step three: Hold your candlestick over the glitter-catch bowl and shake glitter all over the wet ModPodge. Let Dry. I recommend a second coat of ModPodge and glitter. Let that dry.


Step four: Paint a coat of ModPodge over your dry glitter. This will keep your candlesticks from raining glitter over everything.



I love how they sparkle! 
I'm going to leave you to your glitter collection and put some candles in my candlesticks.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Glitter makes everything prettier!

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right.

This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Check out my blog post ... http://www.yelp.com/biz/miracle-services-zero-residue-green-carpet-cleaning-san-diego-2