Monday, January 14, 2013

Quote of the week


Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have a fondness for Emerson. He was an American essayist and poet who was born in 1803 and died in 1882. He believed in the divinity of nature and the equality of all people. He influenced Whitman and Thoreau. If you want to read more of his work you can go here.

I had planned on spending this week outdoors doing outdoorsy things, but when I woke up this morning it was 12 degrees. If it can crawl above 20, I'll bundle up and brave the chill. I was hoping to introduce the kids to geocaching this week. I've looked and there are 3 caches within walking distance of the house. This is all part of my grand plan to spend more time outside with them. Lately we have gotten lazy and have spent more time indoors than I care to admit.

No comments: