Thursday, April 06, 2006

print-tastic!

Yarrr...
I have been terribly lax about updating you, dear blog and I apologize. I was in Virginia then I was sick then I was uninspired (and thusly not being arty at all) and now my cup, she overfloweth.
So, what's new with you?
I am helping my dear friend Karlee design some wedding invites--and this-a-here was a print that was kind-of-but-not-really related to that. I am all about the printing of late. I like the process, and I like the endless possibilites you have with your very own, one-of-a-kind stamp.
This was the finished print from the above sketch. Not to toot my own horn, but dude--toot toot--check how close the print and sketch are to each other. YEARS of practice and experimenting to get to that point--mostly because I refuse to pay for carbon paper. Why pay for paper that I can only use once? When a heavy hand with an 8B graphite works just as well? I'm no art-dummy.
And the curvy-carvy block herself. I could never be a professional printer because I could never bring myself to destroy a block. That's like throwing a baby in trash--makes no sense no matter how you look at it.

So yeah, I've been busy and neglectful and I'm sorry. I'll try to mend my ways

No comments: