Friday, September 08, 2006

Fooled you!

Hahaha. You thought I was dead. No, not dead, just um...overwhelmed? Yeah, that's the thingy--overwhelmed. Have to prep for going-out-of-townness that will occur soon, as well as warm up the house sitter to cats. Probably should have asked first if there was a cat aversion issue, but whatever.

Also, drowning in a sea of my own cleverness. That whole elephant story illustration doodah has turned into the project that would not end. It slides, it wobbles, it pops up and it accordions. Or, it will once I get everything re-attached. Tomorrow, if you're nice and tell me how pretty I am, I might show you pictures.

And lastly: so. damned. tired. I know that I made a promise (to myself, but still, a promise) that this site wouldn't be a place where I talk about baby/family but the two overlap the art and it's hard to avoid. The baby-related comment: a new facet of the PMS post-childbirth is exhaustion. The kind of crazy first trimester exhaustion where all you want to do is lie really really still and ooze into the couch. It's hard to work when you're this exhausted and know that naps are only a two hour reprieve in the ongoing pinball-like insanity of toddlerdom. AND NO I AM NOT PREGNANT, THANK YOU FOR ASKING.
And the mess! Oh the mess in the studio created by tiny curious hands.
Thank gods he's not a monkey.
That's all I'm saying.

No comments: