Monday, September 11, 2006

With pictures!















(this is the illustration that started the whole crazy look-it-moves! nonsense that sucked me into a world of non-stop innovation)

And really, I'm quite pleased with my own cleverness. I've never attempted illustrations that are interactive and dynamic, like this one is.
I may never go back.

Today I finished all of the little 2-inch squares that I'm going to sew into an accordion-style book to affix to one of the illustrations. I've never made a book before, let alone one that is 2 inches high and 16 inches long. I'm pretty excited about it and I think I should be able to pull it off. (only time will tell)

This whole project has done for me exactly what I hoped: it got me into the studio, combined my love of art with my love of the written word, has provided ample opportunities to try new techniques, as well as inspiring future projects. Not to mention kept me in the proper work-is-art, art-as-work schedule, which I will need in the coming months. (Chaos is planning on paying us a visit--more on that as deatils become available)

No comments: