Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A long, rambling update.

This past weekend I went to a wedding in Maine. It was wonderful. I got to watch two people enjoy themselves & promise their "ever after" to each other. Also, the bride & I have been friends for 22 years, which is nothing to be sneezed at. There were many admonitions for leaving the kids at home, but if I had brought them along I wouldn't have been able to spend the weekend with my other longtime friend...who also happens to be my brother. We don't always see eye-to-eye but we can comfortably agree to disagree. And you know, he's my younger brother, so we have that whole shared-childhood thing too.
That was a long and rambling way to get around to telling you this:

my digital camera has died.

She's a Cannon with 5 MP (which when I bought her 5 years ago was a BIG DEAL) I have used her for 5 years to document family gatherings, birthdays, artwork, and my jewelry. And now when I turn her on, the lens won't open. Which means that through the viewfinder all is black, through the screen all is black. I put her down, walk away and come back and check every so often to see if maybe it was just a bad dream. So far, nothing has changed. And since you now can purchase a digital camera with 15 MP, maybe it is time to just get a new one...of course last year I was seriously considering hunting down a Diana camera .

Blah. But the biggest blah of all means that until I decide to either A) repair current outdated camera or B) purchase new camera I can't photo new jewelry & put for sale on etsy. Blah!

In other news, tattooing is going great. I am managing to get to the studio 2-3 days a week, with people who will let me tattoo them. I am not making any money, and have to pay the baby sitter one day a week so I can go in, but at some point all that will level out, I'm sure. (Note crossed fingers)

That's all for now, ducks. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to upload pictures from my camera phone, because at least that's something, right?

No comments: