Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Egad!

It's halfway through February!

And I haven't posted AT ALL this month. I am a very distracted girl indeed. I have been in the world of the 3 dimensional people...which is full of zombie cupcakes, bells, and ribbons. And tattoos. There's been a bit of that lately as well.

And I seem to be in the minority of people who genuinely dislike Valentines Day. I find the holiday to be a bit rude, really. I mean, what are anniversaries for? Saying "I love you, and I'm glad we're together" or "hey, wow! you're still here!" or "I have restrained myself from beating you with my shoe when you do that mouth-breathing thing at the dinner table for another 12 months--hurrah for me & pass the bubbly!"
So why do we need a day of hearts and cupids and candy? Why can't it just be another Halloween? I would be down for another dress up candy day.
Valentines Day just makes me think of all the people who are alone on that day and I feel very sad that there is this sugar-induced, mass-marketed day of schmooze that really just makes the alone feel more alone.
Bah! Humbug!
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go to my studio with a cup of tea & a pound of m&m's.

No comments: