Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And away I ran...

Hello to all and to all hello!

Remember way back in November (I think it was) when I had talked about doing a collaboration with 2 other guys in the hopes of getting a showing at the VVAC (local art center)?

Well I finally called the gallery director & we are going to meet sometime next week (yay!) The gallery is booked through 2011, so we will be talking about a show in 2012. In the course of our conversation, she mentioned that the gallery can hold up to 150 works. Yowza. That's a lot of pressure for 3 people! So I got to thinking...what if I invited some other people to be in the show?

I thought and I thought and I came up with this: how cool would it be to have a show that encompasses not JUST painting, but music, the written word, sculpture, and photography?
Kind of like the Trail of Tears Art Show at The Cherokee Heritage Center that I helped with waaaay back in 2002.

I sent the word out to friends and so far I have had 3 other interested parties. If this is up your alley, drop me a line. Or if you just like the idea of collaboration, but don't want to be in a show check out 2xCreative; a website that pairs people to do collaborative works.

And now it's back to the studio for art & tea!

No comments: