Saturday, May 30, 2009

The cool thing about doing jewelry design, as such, is that it gives you the opportunity to make people really happy. The kind of happy that makes them say "oh, wow" a lot, or cry occasionally--not that I want people to cry, but I get a bit of a buzz off of being able to connect with someone on an emotional level through art.
The cool thing about starting the Etsy site is that it has afforded me the opportunity to make these emotional connections more frequently.
Those of you who know me well know that in the past 7 years I have moved around A LOT. The upside to this is that I have met all sorts of amazing people, many of whom inspire me still. The down side of this is that until recently all of my closest friends were geographically far away. And through the miracle of modern technology, they are close at hand, but there is something to be said for an actual hand to hold in your dark hours.
Art has provided me with a way to deepen new friendships. This is not a benefit that I hear touted often but for me, as I have moved from place to place, it has been the biggest benefit.
That was a really long-winded way to get around to showing you what I was going to show you! A piece I created for my brother, the musician.



Look familiar? I totally scrambled it in photoshop to use for my header. But I still love the original and thought you might like to see it, too.

No comments: