Friday, May 08, 2009

Thinking aloud...

Okay, so some of you who read this know that I maintain 2 blogs. As the other blog deals mostly with raising children & is read mostly by parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles of both myself and my spouse I started this blog to deal with the art-related side of my life AND have a place where censorship is almost non-existent. Although there are subjects that I do not plan to discuss here, there are things that will happen here that don't happen there.

BE FOREWARNED: this post may have something to do with sex. if that makes you squirmy, go away; don't leave me a snarky comment. just go away.

AHEM.
So! Yes! There is a musician who has recently announced his engagement. I am bummed out by this b/c I have been harboring a school-girl like crush on him since about 1994. (Hey! Check me out! I am approaching old!) Not that I in any way have attempted to meet him or harbored fantasies about being soul mates or anything like that. Nor am I looking to go gallivanting around the globe while simultaneously abandoning my family. But...

Well, I think it's important to have a healthy fantasy life. It's important to imagine yourself gallivanting about the globe with someone attractive & slightly mysterious. It's important to be able to say "I won't, but I could if I wanted to".
All of these things are MUCH easier when said mysterious musician is single. Because then you don't ALSO have to come up with a plausible reason for his relationship to end. I mean, it's hard enough trying to come up with likely scenarios wherein you actually meet, let alone run away together. And given that nowadays my regular haunts include the grocery store & the post office, I have had to come up with some really off-the-wall occurrences to align the stars in my favor.
I learned today that this musician is also on Twitter. I have decided not to check that out for 2 reasons.
1. I am not a stalker, and will not allow my life to involve anymore time reading about other people's lives than already happens.
2. If I learn about the REAL guy, it'll probably put a damper on all of the things I have had time to make up over the years*.

SO...congratulations to Trent Reznor. I hope you'll be really truly awe-inspiringly happy.

But I am totally reserving the right to use your likeness in my elaborate fantasy life.

*although i did learn that he has a soft spot for greyhounds, which is sweet & endearing.

No comments: